December 22, 2009

Our Sweet Wyatt is Here!!!!

WOW!!! We are so blessed and overwhelmed with this gift from God. Words can not explain the love I have for this child. We welcomed Wyatt into the world on Monday, December 21st,2009 at 7:23p.m. He measured 22.5" long and 7 pounds 2 oz. The day started with some consistent contractions early Monday morning at 1:45a.m. I woke Ryan up to give him a heads up and we sat around the house and had breakfast before calling the doctor at about 4:30a.m. He said to come in and they got us hooked up to a monitor. I was only 1.5CM and 70% effaced. The contractions were about 5-8 minutes apart at that time. My doctor came in to visit before a C-Section and said to go ahead and stay here to be induced. We got started and did not break my water until around 8a.m. About each hour I was dilating a CM, which was great progress. I quickly went from 6CM to 9CM and then it was pushing from there. I pushed for 2 hours and my doctor decided to have Wyatt delivered with forceps or have an immediate C-Section. Wyatt was "sunny side up" and would NOT move at all. I did not want a C-Section at all unless I had too. I have been told from the five nurses in my room that Dr. Johnson is the best doctor to have deliver your baby with forceps. I trust my doctor with anything beacuse he has two daughters my age and I know he would not but me in a situation that would jeopardize me or Wyatt.
Wyatt is doing great!! Ryan is an awesome father, he is so hands on and I am very suprised the way this little guy has changed both of us!!!

7 comments:

Wyatt's Uncle Shaun said...

It's a Christmas Miracle! I just wanted to let you guys know that Melissa and I are so happy for the both of you. Wyatt is such a blessing and will bring more joy to your lives than you can even imagine. I hope you both are feeling well and I will come by this evening to visit if the three of you are up for it.

Anonymous said...

congrats to all of you! what a wonderful gift a child is from God. enjoy your time together it goes by really fast. he looks just like his grandma lisa :) take care!
with love from oklahoma kathy

Alli and Korey said...

Wyatt is ADORABLE !! I am so happy for you guys. Julia it sounds like you did great and I am so glad you and baby Wyatt are both healthy and happy. I cant wait to meet you sweet baby.

Anonymous said...

I could not be happier for you guys! wyatt is precious and I can't wait to meet him tonight!
Love you all!
Lori

Anonymous said...

look at him... so cute!! I cannot wait to hold him and Grayson said she wants to hold his hand!! :) See you guys this afternoon.

The Hays Family said...

I love that first picture of Ryan looking at Wyatt while you hold him- so sweet! Be sure to give Wyatt kisses from us!

kris said...

congratulations-he is beautiful-what a wonderful christmas gift from God-blessings to all of you- call us when you can-love kris and charlie from Phoenix AZ