December 23, 2009

Update on Wyatt

Most of you know that yesterday mid morning we found out that Wyatt needed to be transfered to the NICU for some blood work and observation. The night he was born I ran a fever of 101.7 and was put on antibotics during labor. Wyatt ran a little fever as well. We kept him in the nursery that night and they noticed he could not keep his temperature and it was borderline at 97.4 to 97.8, they want it to be no lower than 97.6. Our pediatrician decided to have some blood work taken and it came back elevated in his white blood cells. He was then transfered to the NICU for more blood work and a spinal tap. He has been on antibotics since then. He has kept his temperature good. All his other vital signs are perfect according to the nurses. They said that durning labor he has caught an infection and will need to be treated for a minumium of 3 days but he could be up here for 7 more days. I know our little guy is going to be okay but it hurts so badly inside for Ryan and I. I now know what a mother's love is for her own child and I can see the same thing in Ryan. It hurts to see him like this and know that you can not do anything to help your child but to let the doctors do their job. You can tell he knows when we are there to visit him and it is so amazing to see how much just talking to him and rubbing his back or head and he knows we are there through this for him and love him so much. We just want our son to get well so we can take him home to love on him. We should find out some more news this morning. We are about to head down to NICU to visit him. We are being discharged today but they are going to wait as long as they can. Please keep us all in your prayers and thank you everyone for the calls and well wishes. I am sorry if I have been short or did not return calls, it has been crazy and hard for me at times to try to talk to anyone.

3 comments:

AFlurry said...

So glad you posted this update & you are all in our prayers!! Shannon's 2nd child Hudson had the same thing happen & he had the spinal tap done & all & he is a perfect happy little healthy chunker! :) We'll call you guys later about still trying to visit...we of course won't come if Carter still has a fever. Call me if you need ANYTHING!

The Prescott's said...

Hey Julia and Ryan,

Julia, you and I haven't met, but Ryan and I went to high school together, and I heard about Wyatt through mutual friends. I wanted to let you guys know that we are praying for you! Our daughter, Sayla Grace, spent 89 days in the NICU at STV. They are wonderful, and will treat Wyatt like their own. I know what you are feeling, and it is so incredibly hard to deal with. But know that this is God's plan, and in a very short time your precious baby will be home in your arms! Take lots of time to pray, and take time for just you a Ryan. Visit Wyatt, and talk to him and hold him as much as you can...your presence will help him heal! This will be a roller coaster of emotions, but you'll get through it. Just remember that God won't give you more than you can handle, and he knows you are strong!! We're praying for you guys and sweet baby Wyatt! Keep your head up! This will all be over soon!!!!
~Jessica (Wentz) Prescott

Anonymous said...

Julia,
HEY, Ash has been updating me and told me to get on your blog. Listen, like she said in her message, the same thing happened to my Hudson (he was 5 days old) and it was even this time of year!I know exactly how you feel!!!If you need to talk PLEASE don't hesitate to call me! Ash has my number. I'm thinking and praying for you and Ryan and Baby Wyatt! Shannon Hogan