February 1, 2010

6 Weeks Old

Today Wyatt is 6 weeks old, I can't believe how fast the time is going by. A quick update on how he is doing, he still has his moments but you can tell his digestive system is maturing. I guess this due to how many explosions I change a day! I am hoping this is the case but we still have a little ways to go. They say colic just goes way over night or anytime. But, he has been doing better. He is still eating about 5 oz each feeding usually between an hour and 45 min. to 2 hours. I try to hold him off till closer to three but it is impossible sometimes. When he is hungry he lets you know and you better feed him. He has the same sleeping pattern, he goes to bed around 7:30 and wakes up around 11:45-12:45 and then again at 2:45a.m.-3:45a.m. The last couple of early mornings he gets fussy but I get him calmed down and back to sleep. Ryan and I get up real early in the mornings so we can adjust. I guess it just depends what time and how much he actually takes before he goes to bed. He HATES his pacifier and I have been trying to get him to use it to have something to suck when he shows signs of hunger. I am not trying to starve my child, but he fools us..well me! He HAS to have the bottle in his mouth to fall asleep, he fights with me if I try to get him to use a pacifer. So, sometimes when he thinks he is hungry he just wants something in his mouth to fall asleep. Of course, I get him a bottle beacause that is what he wants but then I waste so much formula most of the time. This week we are going to work on that so he won't give the daycare a hard time come around two weeks. I only have two weeks with him until I go back to work, I must say I am ready to go back to work but then I am not. I love that he is only going to be about 2 mintues away within walking distance from my work. I can go there anytime to check on him, and I am looking forward to him being in the same class as Olivia. Other than that, I am sure he has exceeded 10lbs. I wouldnt be suprised if he is 12lb.s come the 15th. He has his 2 month check up and he will be getting a series of shots. Wish me luck!! Oh, he also loves to stare at the ceiling and the fans. We got this adorable ocean wonder playmat and he rather lay on the bed and stare at the ceiling. I guess I will save it for baby #2. Maybe he will enjoy it more when he can see more colors and make out more shapes. Well, hope everyone had a great weekend. I have attached a couple of pictures, I was able to get him to sleep yesterday with a pacifer instead of a bottle. I got overjoyed, and the next time he tricked me he got a bottle.
WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO CONGRAGULATE SHAUN AND MELISSA ON THE ARRIVAL OF BABY #2. WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO AND CANT WAIT TO MEET HER/HIM. OH, I CALL SEPT.19TH ON THE BIRTH.

1 comment:

The Hays Family said...

I cannot believe Wyatt is already six weeks old!! I can't wait to eat lunch this week. Hopefully Lillian and Wyatt will be on their best behavior for us.